Thank you for playing FINAL FANTASY XI.
As previously announced, Square Enix support for Windows(R) 7 on FINAL FANTASY XI will end on January 14, 2020.
Microsoft will no longer provide security updates or support for PCs running Windows(R) 7 after January 14, 2020, so we have found that continuing support for this operating system is a difficult proposition.
Square Enix will continue to provide user support to those playing FINAL FANTASY XI on Windows(R) 7, but will be unable to provide any technical support for OS-related issues.
We have also updated the recommended system requirements in line with this change
We have verified that FINAL FANTASY XI runs on PCs with the following specs and situations listed below, and set it as the recommended system requirements. We have also confirmed that there are no stability issues with Windows(R) 8.1 and Windows(R) 10.
- Operating System
Windows 8.1 / 10*
Intel Core i3 2.4GHz (or higher)
2GB or more
- Graphics Card
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 (or higher)
* Driver must be compatible with DirectX 8.1.
- Sound Card
Sound card whose driver is compatible with DirectX 8.1.
- Hard Drive Space
15 GB free hard disk space
- Internet Connection
A constant internet connection is required.
Keyboard, mouse, gamepad
Must have DirectX End-User Runtime installed
*Although a gamepad is not strictly required to play, using one together with a keyboard and mouse provides the best experience.
* Compatibility issues may still arise due to other applications, driver software, custom Windows settings, or hardware configuration.
* Certain Windows 10 updates may cause the game client to work improperly, but we will work to address any critical errors that may arise.
* Inquiries regarding the parts listed should be made to their respective manufacturer.
* Administrator privileges are required to install the PlayOnline Viewer and FINAL FANTASY XI.
The following game configuration settings were used during testing:
- Screen Resolution set to 1280x720
- Drawing Precision set to 1024x1024
- Shadows set to “Normal”
- All settings at “High”
The following was performed in order to test load times and overall stability:
- Tested in-game content “Domain Invasion” and “Campaign,” as well as macro entry and selecting items from various lists. No significant latency issues arose.
(Domain Invasion was tested with an additional ten players, each with 5 Trust NPCs)
We have determined that the game meets the standard of being “playable” based on the following:
- Experienced no gameplay issues related to graphics or connectivity.
We have updated the following entries on the official site in line with the above changes.
- Platforms > Windows(R)
- Play Guide > Game Manual > Main Menu > Config
- Download > Windows(R) Uninstall
Thank you for your understanding and continued support.