The 401, 406 and 601 errors occur when a payment is rejected before it reaches the Square Enix systems.
Since these issues are not occurring on Square Enix systems, we cannot make any active changes to help a payment go through. However, there are several steps you can take to avoid these errors.
The most common causes for the errors are:
- There are not enough funds available on the account connected to the payment method.
- Payment details are entered incorrectly.
- Browser add-ons or extensions interfering with the payment process.
- A VPN or proxy service is used.
- The card you’re trying to use does not allow recurring payments.
Therefore, if you encounter one of these errors when trying to make a payment, try these steps:
- Make sure the payment details are entered correctly.
- Make sure enough funds are available.
- Do not use a VPN.
- Use an internet browser without any installed add-ons or disable any add-ons and extensions.
If the error still occurs after following this advice, please contact your card issuer/bank to make sure the payments are not blocked for other reasons or try using an alternative payment method if possible.