KB Article: 73970
KB Category: [Technical Support]
KB Sub-category: [Update / Patch] [Connectivity / Network] [Download]
There may be a bug with Steam that is stopping you from installing Nosgoth properly.
Please follow these instructions to try re-installing Steam without deleting your games:
- Exit Steam: go to your Steam Client, click "Steam" at the top left and select "Exit" from the drop down menu.
- Go to your Steam folder (by default this would be found at C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/)
- Delete everything EXCEPT THE FOLLOWING FILES AND FOLDERS.
Steam.exe (The main application, this will be used to reinstall the deleted files)
SteamApps folder (This contains all of your game files)
Userdata folder (This one is optional, it may contain save games for certain games)
- Once all that remains in your Steam folder are the above files and folders, re-launch Steam using the Steam.exe application file and it should reinstall the files that we removed.
- Go to the Nosgoth Steam Store page, click "Play Now", and the issue should be solved.
This error may occur when trying to play the game with the "Family Sharing" feature activated. Reinstalling Steam in the manner mentioned above forces the computer to be revoked from all Family Sharing and allows Nosgoth to be played normally. Unfortunately, reactivating Family Sharing can sometimes cause the issue to return.
You probably won’t be surprised to hear that we’ve updated our Privacy Notice. Please do take the time to read our new, more informative, easier to read and easier to understand, Privacy Notice.