If your game crashes, please try the steps below to resolve the issue.
Please make sure that you have the latest version of the game installed by connecting your console to the internet and checking for game updates. If your game is up to date and the issue persists, we recommend you power-cycle the console to resolve the issue:
- Turn off the console using the power button on the front of the console
- Unplug the cable from the back of the console
- Wait 2 minutes
- Plug the cable back in
- Turn the console on and launch the game to see if the problem still occurs
If you continue to have issues, please try installing the game on a different part of the hard drive:
- Delete the game from your console
- Install another game or demo roughly the same size as the game
- Re-install the game and any DLC items you previously had
Once you have exhausted all the other troubleshooting options, then you can try rebuilding the database on your PlayStation. To do that, please follow these steps:
- Turn off the PlayStation® by pressing the power button on the front panel. The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off.
- Once the PlayStation® is turned off, press and hold the power button. Release it after you've heard two beeps: one when you first press, and another seven seconds later.
- Connect the DualShock 4 controller with the USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.
- You can now select the "Rebuild Database" option, this scans the drive and creates a new database of all content. This operation may take a long time depending on the type and number of data items.
If none of these steps help to resolve your issue, you can also contact us by submitting an enquiry.